Optical transceivers QSFP28, SFP28, QSFP+
The QSFP28, SFP28 and QSFP+ are part of Smartoptics’s hot-swappable small form-factor family of optical transceivers and cables. They provide a cost-effective way to achieve instant fiber connectivity and connect your network to different fiber distances and types at rapid data rates, like 40G (QSFP+) and 100G (QSFP28).
The QSFP28 PAM4 transceiver is designed for high capacity 100 Gigabit Ethernet (100GbE) Data Center Interconnect (DCI) and Metro applications for distances up to 80 km
- You can use and interchange our SFP optical transceivers on a wide variety of products that are compliant with MSA or with SFP products from major switch vendors
- Our compact, high-density and high-speed QSFP28 transceivers offer a popular way to help you quickly ramp up to 100G transmission
DAC (Direct Attached Copper) cables provide a complete cable assembly instead of discrete components for short-distance connectivity. AOCs (Active Optical Cable) are also complete cable assemblies but use real transceivers and are suitable for longer distances.
Smartoptics transceivers are fully compliant with all the latest Fibre Channel and Ethernet standards at data rates up to 100G, allowing maximum network capacity. They come with guaranteed support as well as interoperability with major switch brands. And you can purchase and easily reprogram our QSFP28, SFP28, QSFP+ receivers for additional use.
- 25/40/100Gbps hot pluggable form factors
- Support for multimode and single-mode fiber
- Interoperable with major switch vendors
- Fully compliant with Ethernet, Fibre Channel and SONET/SDH/OTN standards
- For distances ranging from very-short reach within a data center to campus, metro and long-haul
- Enhanced digital diagnostic information
- MSA SFF-8472 compliant