The DCP platform is used to build open optical point-to-point, as well as advanced, ROADM-based ring and mesh networks for 1-400 Gbps
DYNAMIC CONNECTIVITY PLATFORM (DCP)
With an open architecture the functionality of once monolithic optical transport systems can be disaggregated, using embedded transceivers, open line systems and SDN control, resulting in a much better price/performance. Smartoptics has therefore developed the Dynamic Connectivity Platform (DCP) for active open line systems of all types, may they be simple point-to-point links or advanced, ROADM-based, ring and mesh networks. To fit all the varying needs of an open line system, the DCP platform comes in three flavors – the DCP-M, the DCP-R and the DCP-F families – each optimized for a particular type of optical network
“The Smartoptics open line solution is completely scalable, you can pay as you grow, making it a smart investment”
– Georg Chytil, CEO at next layer.
The versatile DCP-F
a family of pluggable, active optical units.
Lowering the cost and increasing the flexibility of the optical network is high on the agenda for most enterprises and operators. Smartoptics, recognizing the need for a modern and open approach to optical networking, has therefore developed the versatile DCP-F family of open line system units. The family allows for an unprecedented flexibility in configuring point-to-point, ring, and mesh topologies at the lowest possible cost.
- Completely automatic optical setup, just like using a passive multiplexer
- Automatic fiber distance measurement and Dispersion Compensation setting
- Automatic modulation format detection
- Automatic client and line regulation
- Support for a mixture of up to 40 x PAM4 (Colorz), 400ZR OIF, NRZ & coherent wavelengths
- Scalable and cost effective datacom platform
- Modern management architecture based on REST/Netconf APIs or a CLI, when required
- Easily integrated into any network telemetry system
- The leading 1U Open Line System on the market for use with PAM4 transceivers
Cost efficient, high-capacity metro networking at IX Australia
Non-profit internet exchange IX Australia operates five peering points across the country, accessed by 20 major metropolitan data centers. The exchange recently decided to upgrade its metro network capacities to 100G, to cater for rapidly growing data traffic.
Modern management architecture
Smart Manager is a modern REST based architecture built from the ground up specifically for the DCP platform and is integrated into all DCP modules. The management architecture follows the same ease of use principle as the DCP family, which makes it extremely easy to operate.
Simple, easy to operate, open software
- Modern and open architecture
- No TL1 or Hypervisor translation required
- Small form factor solutions
- Automated provisioning
- Industry standard open and customizable APIs
- REST and CLI architecture
- Standard and customizable SNMP
Unprecedented level of cost efficiency and ROI for DCI and Metro. The end result: reduction in price, fewer spare parts and lower operating cost.
Complete zero-touch automatic optical setup, just like using a passive multiplexer.
Low power consumption. Small form-factor. Ultimate green data solutions
DCP-M and DCP-F
2-port ROADM, EDFA amplifier with 22 dB Gain, 2-Port Optical Channel Monitor, 1RU plug-in unit, with support for 2 x Passive Plug-in Modules (PPM’s)
EDFA amplifier with 22 dB Gain, 1RU plug-in unit, with support for 2 x Passive Plugin Modules (PPM’s)
Multi-format 40 channel DWDM open line system (0-80 km)
Multi-format 40 channel DWDM open line system (0-40 km)
Multi-format 40 channel DWDM open line system (20-60 km)
PAM4 8 channel DWDM open line system (0-80 km)