DYNAMIC CONNECTIVITY PLATFORM (DCP)
The DCP platform is used to build open optical point-to-point, as well as advanced, ROADM-based ring and mesh networks for 1-400 Gbps
“The Smartoptics open line solution is completely scalable, you can pay as you grow, making it a smart investment”
– Georg Chytil, CEO at next layer.
- Completely automatic optical setup, just like using a passive multiplexer
- Automatic fiber distance measurement and Dispersion Compensation setting
- Automatic modulation format detection
- Automatic client and line regulation
- Support for a mixture of up to 40 x PAM4 (Colorz), 400ZR OIF, NRZ & coherent wavelengths
- Scalable and cost effective datacom platform
- Modern management architecture based on REST/Netconf APIs or a CLI, when required
- Easily integrated into any network telemetry system
- The leading 1U Open Line System on the market for use with PAM4 transceivers
Cost efficient, high-capacity metro networking at IX Australia
Non-profit internet exchange IX Australia operates five peering points across the country, accessed by 20 major metropolitan data centers. The exchange recently decided to upgrade its metro network capacities to 100G, to cater for rapidly growing data traffic.
Modern management architecture
Smart Manager is a modern REST based architecture built from the ground up specifically for the DCP platform and is integrated into all DCP modules. The management architecture follows the same ease of use principle as the DCP family, which makes it extremely easy to operate.
Simple, easy to operate, open software
- Modern and open architecture
- No TL1 or Hypervisor translation required
- Small form factor solutions
- Automated provisioning
- Industry standard open and customizable APIs
- REST and CLI architecture
- Standard and customizable SNMP
Unprecedented level of cost efficiency and ROI for DCI and Metro. The end result: reduction in price, fewer spare parts and lower operating cost.
Complete zero-touch automatic optical setup, just like using a passive multiplexer.
Low power consumption. Small form-factor. Ultimate green data solutions
DCP-M and DCP-F
2-port ROADM, EDFA amplifier with 22 dB Gain, 2-Port Optical Channel Monitor, 1RU plug-in unit, with support for 2 x Passive Plug-in Modules (PPM’s)
EDFA amplifier with 22 dB Gain, 1RU plug-in unit, with support for 2 x Passive Plugin Modules (PPM’s)
Multi-format 40 channel DWDM open line system (40-80 km)
Multi-format 40 channel DWDM open line system (0-40 km)
Multi-format 40 channel DWDM open line system (20-60 km)
PAM4 8 channel DWDM open line system (0-80 km)